'Sex and the City' star Cynthia Nixon wants to marry her girlfriend

lunes, 12 de mayo de 2008 |

Cynthia Nixon is ready to take her same-sex relationship to the next level - with the approval of the state of New York, of course.

The "Sex and the City" star told Britain's The Mirror newspaper that she's pondering the idea of a civil ceremony with girlfriend Christine Marinoni.

"If it becomes legal, I think we would," Nixon, 42, said. "It's something my girlfriend is interested in and it was not something my boyfriend ever was."

Nixon raised eyebrows in 2004 when she ditched her longtime partner, English professor Danny Mozes, for Marinoni after 15 years of dating and two children. Samantha, 11, and Charles, 5, now call Marinoni and Nixon "Mom," the actress revealed.

Nixon stayed mum on her relationship with Marinoni for months, but seems eager to talk about it now. "I had been with men all my life and I had never met a woman I had fallen in love with before,” Nixon said. “But when I did, it didn't seem so strange. I don't define myself. I'm just a woman in love with another woman."

She may be in love, but don’t expect the Emmy Award-winning actress to rush into nuptial bliss. Nixon’s publicist told us Monday that her client has no plans to travel to Vermont to tie the knot, per Internet rumors.

Via nydailynews.com

0 comentarios: