Britney Spears cover gets Lily Allen in trouble

miércoles, 17 de diciembre de 2008 |

Lily Allen is in trouble with her record label - because Mark Ronson played her cover of Britney Spears' recent hit 'Womanizer' on his radio show.

Fans ripped the track from the show on Saturday (December 13) and have put it online, and EMI aren't pleased, according to the singer herself.

Allen explained on her blog: "Now, some of you may be wondering why I covered 'Womanizer' - simple really, I love Britney and I love the song."

"It wasn't my intention for it to have whizzed round the world like it has," added Allen. "Mark Ronson asked me for something no one had heard to play on his radio show, and 'Womanizer' was the only song I had as an attachment on my Blackberry, and I couldn't get home to send him anything else in time."

However, fans took the opportunity to get their hands on the exclusive track.

"I had asked him to talk all over it so it wouldn't get ripped, but he didn't," explained the singer. "Thanks Mark - for getting me in serious trouble with my record company."

Via nme.com

0 comentarios: