Peaches Geldof: My Nutty Wedding

martes, 21 de octubre de 2008 |

The 19 year old, who tied the knot with guitarist Max Drummery in August, also says her father Sir Bob Geldof thought she was "a bit silly".

She wed the 24 year old musician, who performs with indie band Chester French, in a shock wedding in Las Vegas.

The television presenter has now told Heat magazine that although she loves her husband, she is aware of the high number of marriages which fail.

She said: "You can't ignore divorce rates. Every friend of mine has parents who are now divorced.

"I didn't go into it with Max thinking: 'This is going to last forever,' but I did go into it thinking: 'I love him right now and I know that I will continue to love him for a long while."'

The teenager said she was impressed by the intelligence of her Harvard graduate husband.

She said: "I've never been swayed by looks. I mean, you've seen some of the people I've dated in the past! I'm not the type of girl who will chase after a Brad Pitt lookalike."

She said when she rang her father with the news he asked: "Do you feel that it's right?' And she said: 'Yeah, I do'.

"He said: 'Well, I think it's a really intense thing to do and, in my opinion, as your father, I think it's a bit silly because you're very young.

"'But, at the same time, I'm happy for you, and if you love him, that's a really good thing."'

Peaches Geldof's own parents married in Las Vegas in 1986, but later separated.

The 19-year-old described Durmmery as having a magnetism which drew her under his spell.

And she said it was him who suggested the couple get married while she had thought it was a "little bit nuts".

Via sky.com

0 comentarios: