Beauty and the polls for Gemma Garrett

viernes, 23 de mayo de 2008 |

An ulster beauty queen is going to the polls aiming to inflict more election misery on Gordon Brown.
The current Miss Great Britain, Gemma Garrett, is standing in the pivotal Crewe by-election in a bid to become Westminster's most glamourous MP.

She has gone head-to-head with Labour's Tamsin Dunwoody, whose mother, Gwyneth Dunwoody, triggered the by-election with her death at the age of 77.

It's been a bruising and dirty campaign for the two main parties, with Gemma, 26, pledging to "put beauty back into politics" if she wins the vacant seat.

And the buxom Belfast blonde admitted she's also had her feelings hurt in the rough-and-tumble of the political arena.

"I'm exhausted, and everyone from the other parties has been so rude to me," she said from her campaign office in the working-class Cheshire constituency.

"One campaigner for Dunwoody said I was a disgrace to Britain, and asked if I could even spell Britain. If I heard any of my campaign team had been as rude, I'd die.

"The only people who seem to have changed their mind about me and seen that I'm not a joke are the people of Crewe. A lot of them have approached me and said I stand for something really positive."

Her policies focus on improving conditions for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan – but she has been slammed for failing to know major political figures when quizzed by the Press.

Via newsletter.co.uk

0 comentarios: