Daniel Radcliffe flattered by male fan following

miércoles, 28 de enero de 2009 |

The actor has said that he feels "flattered" when gay fans have a crush on him. The actor, whose role in Equus has won him a large following in the gay community, has appeared naked onstage in both the West End and Broadway version of the musical.

The 19-year-old has said that his male fan following has come as a welcome change from his hordes of screaming female fans. "For a lot of straight guys and I know I’m guilty of it sometimes - when you know a gay guy has a crush on you, it is the most flattering thing,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling the Daily Beast website.

However, the young actor shares a comfortable rapport with homosexual men and has owed his show business upbringing for teaching him tolerance towards other lifestyles. He said, "My mum was a casting director and my dad was a literary agent and I was surrounded by gay men from a very young age.”

"And I was the only boy in my class at school who had that kind of relationship with gay men. Most of my friends had parents who had proper jobs in banks and law firms so none of them had been exposed to homosexuality in the way I had - as a normal course of things. So they had a rather different attitude toward it than I," he said.

Via indiatimes.com

0 comentarios: