Lily Allen and her traumatic experience at Dubai airport

lunes, 24 de noviembre de 2008 |

British singer Lily Allen and supermodel Agyness Deyn recalled their experience at the Dubai airport as "terrifying" and "traumatic" after they were strip-searched when they landed in the United Arab Emirates.

Allen and Deyn were some of the celebrities who had to undergo severe scrutiny at the airport when they got there to attend the opening of the Atlantis Palms Hotel on the island of Palm Jumeirah.

Allen says: "I was strip searched, which wasn't so nice as soon as you arrive. I knew I didn't have anything on me so I wasn't worried. I wasn't paranoid, just terrified. It was at the airport and took more than an hour. It was really scary as they didn't tell you what they were doing, they just said, 'Take off trousers' and I was like, 'Ahhh, help!'"

Deyn added: "Both Albert and I were strip-searched. It was really traumatic. It wasn't the best experience in the world but it is their culture and you just have to respect it." Deyn is dating Albert Hammond Jr. of the rock band The Strokes.

Via sify.com

0 comentarios: