Jade Goody's tumour 'size of a tomato'

domingo, 24 de agosto de 2008 |

After a full week of tests, the former ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ star Jade Goody will find out her chances of surviving the deadly disease on Aug 29.

Goody has been examined under anaesthetic as medics tried to determine how far the cancer in her cervix has spread.

Initial examinations revealed that it has spread and that it has been growing, undetected, for three years.

“Jade’s had this three years. Even on this occasion a smear test was an after-thought,” the Daily Star quoted Goody’s close friend and therapist Sue Stone, as saying.

“The tumour is the size of a tomato! How was it missed? Jade is obviously absolutely devastated, but trying to remain positive.

“She said to me, ‘Sue, I’ve had some big challenges in my life but this is by far the biggest ever – and it’s not one I want to lose’,” she added.

On Aug 29, doctors will decide whether to perform a ‘radical hysterectomy’, followed by chemo and radiotherapy, in a bid to improve the 27-year-old’s chances.

Goody told Stone: “The next five days are huge in my life and I’m terrified – I know I am facing a fight for my life. But I am determined to come through this.”

Via indiatimes.com

0 comentarios: