Kirsten Dunst: Rehab was for depression, not drugs

miércoles, 28 de mayo de 2008 |

Kirsten Dunst has denied reports that her recent stint in rehab was down to tackling substance abuse issues, explaining instead that she was battling depression.

In her first interview since entering Utah's Cirque Lodge treatment centre in February, the actress said she had spent the six months in the run-up to her admission fighting depression and felt she needed help.

The 'Spider-Man' star told E! News: "I didn't go to Cirque Lodge for alcohol abuse or drug abuse. I went there for depression. It was a good six months before I decided to go away.



"I was struggling, and I had the opportunity to go somewhere and take care of myself. I was fortunate to have the resources to do it.

"My friends and family thought it was a good idea, too. But I didn't know where to go. My doctor recommended Cirque Lodge."

Dunst admitted that rumours surrounding her health and personal problems have been painful for her and her family, and haven't aided her in overcoming her difficulties.

She said: "Depression is pretty serious and should not be gossiped about. There's been a lot of misrepresentation about what is going on in my life... (That's) very painful for my friends and family.

"Everyone feels like they have to defend me. They hear the rumours, and it puts them in a defensive position. Now that I'm feeling stronger, I'm prepared to say something."

Via rte.ie

0 comentarios: