MIley Cyrus 'embarrassed' by photographs

lunes, 28 de abril de 2008 |

The 15-year-old girl who plays Disney's Hannah Montana apologised ahead of appearing semi-naked in the next issue of Vanity Fair magazine.

Pop star Miley Cyrus said she was "embarrassed" after seeing the images taken by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz.

The Disney Channel said "a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines" but the US magazine defended the images and added that "everyone thought it was a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley".

The photographs include images of the teenager wrapped in what appears to be a satin bedsheet, looking over her shoulder with her back exposed.

They will appear alongside an interview with Cyrus and her father, singer Billy Ray Cyrus.

"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," Miss Cyrus said.

"I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologise to my fans who I care so deeply about."

But when the images were released by Vanity Fair last week, Cyrus said: "I think it's really artsy.

"It wasn't in a skanky way. Annie took, like, a beautiful shot, and I thought that was really cool. That's what she wanted me to do, and you can't say no to Annie."

A spokesman for The Disney Channel, which airs the Hannah Montana TV show, said: "Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines."

Via ukpress

0 comentarios: