James McAvoy: 'I'm not a typical action hero'

lunes, 28 de abril de 2008 |

James McAvoy didn't expect to land the lead in comic book movie 'Wanted' - because he lacks the physique of a typical action star.

In the forthcoming film, adapted from Mark Millar's graphic novel of the same name, the actor plays Wesley, a young man who discovers his father has ties to a secret guild of assassins.

But because of the character's ordinary physical abilities, the 29-year-old realised he was perfect for the part.

He tells Britain's Empire magazine: "I'm not playing a born superhero guy. Actually, after the filmmakers got very excited about me - and then made me audition three times - they didn't call me for about six months. I think they explored going down the more conventional route, but then realised the film wouldn't work unless you had someone you really, really believe isn't an action hero."

And McAvoy credits director Timur Bekmambetov for the casting decision: "I think I have Timur to thank for that."

Via iol.ie

0 comentarios: