McCartney slams heart operation rumours

miércoles, 30 de enero de 2008 |

Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney has denied reports that he had a secret heart operation in 2007 and wants to reassure his family, friends and fans who might have believed the rumours.

McCartney explained that he usually doesn't try to deny media reports because "most of it is completely inaccurate". But he has chosen to speak out about it because it's related to his health.

Contactmusic.com quoted him as saying: "People are ringing and sending SMS to me saying, 'Are you okay?' And I hadn't seen the report, so I was puzzled by so many enquiries about my health. So, I think it's a good time to put this rumour to rest.

"What happened was, over a year ago during a routine medical examination, there was a minor irregularity, which I needed to have tests for and which I have now been assured is completely fine.

"The media have only just recently reported an exaggerated version of this and that is why people have been asking me if I am okay. So this is where the story has come from. The media reports have, as usual, completely distorted the story. I'm happy to say that I feel great and I have passed my most recent medical with flying colours."

Via sify.com

0 comentarios: