Joss Stone slams Brit media for mocking her fake American accent

domingo, 27 de enero de 2008 |

Joss Stone has hit out at the British media for constantly mocking her fake American accent.

The 20-year-old Brit worked in the US recently and was made fun of in the press after she was on stage at the 2007 Brit Awards with a new hairstyle and an American accent.

Stone insisted that she would not be upset if her U.K. fans boycott her music.

"At the end of the day, I don't give a f**k if people have a problem with my accent. That's all I can say about it. The words I say do not change," Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.

"If the way that it sounds is skew-whiff and you don't like it, don't listen. I'm not being a cruel person by sounding a different way.

"I made my album with a bunch of Americans. When people go to Australia for two weeks they come back sounding Australian - but the whole world doesn't turn round and say, 'Well, f**k you.' Which is basically what England had done.

"Obviously not everybody in England. But the big press people. They were just like, 'you know what? We've decided we don't like you anymore,'" she added.

Via thecheers.org

0 comentarios: