High School Musical: Zac Efron At The SAG Awards

lunes, 28 de enero de 2008 |

Last night, TNT and TBS simultaneously broadcast the SAG Awards, the only awards show that celebrities actually showed up to this season, due to the ongoing WGA strike. Zac Efron was the only High School Musical star to be invited but for good reason. The 20-year-old actor was nominated as part of the Outstanding Performance By A Cast In A Motion Picture for his portrayal of Link Larkin in Hairspray. Though he ended up going home empty handed, Efron was a presenter at the ceremony with Debra Messing. The two awarded Edie Falco for her outstanding performance in the HBO series, The Sopranos. E! News caught up with Efron on the red carpet before the event, where he spoke about his favorite movie of the year, his career, and what keeps him grounded.

With all the published reports of young celebrities getting themselves into trouble, E! News reporter Giuliana Rancic wonders how Efron manages to stay out of trouble. Easy, he says. "Lately, I’ve been working a lot so I don’t really go anywhere. I just stay in and practice my scenes for the next day," he admits. Despite his wild popularity, Efron has managed to stay grounded, visiting home any chance he gets. "If I have three consecutive days off, at all, I drive to San Luis Obispo to hang out with my mom, dad, and brother and see some friends," he said.

While some actors try to shed their teen pop idol image as they mature, Efron is nothing but grateful for the success that High School Musical has brought him. “I have so much fun doing what I do. I’m really blessed," he told E! News. "There’s really very little in Hollywood that separates me from a lot of other guys who look just like me. I thank God for High School Musical and how many doors it’s opened. It’s been incredible.”

No Country For Old Men was the film that really got Efron’s attention this year and the guy has good taste. Actor Javier Bardem won last night for Outstanding Performance By A Male Actor In A Supporting Role and the cast was honored for the outstanding performance in the movie as well.

Via buddytv.tv

0 comentarios: