Daniel Radcliffe to star in a new war movie

lunes, 31 de diciembre de 2007 |

The 'Harry Potter' actor has signed up to appear in 'Journey', in which he will portray tragic photographer Dan Eldon, who was stoned to death during the devastating civil war in Somalia, East Africa, in 1993.

Radcliffe fought off stiff competition from other Hollywood stars including Heath Ledger, Joaquin Phoenix, Ryan Phillippe and Orlando Bloom to land the role, after Eldon's family decided he would be perfect for the part.

The late photographer's mother Kathy said: "We resisted a lot of older actors because Dan was a boy emerging into manhood. The timing is right and the person is right and I couldn't ask for more.

"He has portrayed a magician for years and my Dan was a different kind of magician. There are parallels in the two Dans' lives.

"Daniel Radcliffe is a poet, he keeps journals and he is half Jewish. He has a sense of humour and energy inside him which reminds me of Dan."

Eldon was just 22 when he was murdered in the Somalian capital of Mogadishu. The film will be based on his diaries 'The Journey is the Destination', which were published in 1997.

Via thecheers.org

1 comentarios:

Ahmed dijo...

I'm a 14 year old Keyan of Somali origin who speaks both English and Swahili fluently (and a bit of Somali) and I would really appreciate it if anyone gave me the contacts of the makers of this film because I'd really like to try out for any role that I can in this movie. My e-mail address is ahmedmazrui@yahoo.com. Anyway, I admire Dan Eldon and what he did for the Somali people so I'm happy that a movie will be made about him.
Ahmed.