Pete Doherty Avoids Jail Yet Again

sábado, 27 de octubre de 2007 |

So much for Pete Doherty's unsupervised lifestyle.

Just two days after one judge revoked the Babyshambles frontman's court-supervised drug treatment, another judge has sentenced him to 18 more months under supervision and ordered him to complete a 12-month drug treatment plan that requires him to submit to twice-weekly drug tests.

Even so, the renewed court supervision was a boon for the troubled rocker, who managed to skirt the slammer yet again.

In addition to the supervision order, Doherty was handed a four-month suspended jail sentence stemming from a series of drug- and driving-related offenses.

He was also banned from driving for six months. And he was fined $800 for driving without insurance and $154 for not having a valid inspection certificate for his car at the time of his arrest in May, after which he pleaded guilty to possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.

"You have made strides, and I hope you will continue in doing so. I would hate to see you going backwards," District Judge Davinder Lachhar said in court.

She said she had suspended the rocker's sentence upon hearing of his positive progress—the same reason Judge Jane McIvor elected to revoke his court supervision earlier in the week.

On Wednesday, Doherty, 28, vowed he would continue his battle to stay clean.

"I think I am going to have to [give up drugs]," he said. "I have kind of had enough, really.

"It is just the beginning, you know what I mean, in their eyes. My life has changed, but I'm still a little bit wobbly. I am taking it one day at a time."

Via eonline

0 comentarios: